San Timoteo Canyon SchoolhouseGo Back
The San Timoteo Canyon Schoolhouse is a one-room vernacular schoolhouse, sited on a rural parcel of land 150' wide by 300' deep. The school was built ca.1882 replacing a previous adobe structure. Heritage Architecture & Planning completed a Historic Structure Report, bat eradication, a new roof, a new foundation, window and door reconstruction, site improvements, accessibility improvements, and a complete restoration of historic interior and exterior finishes. The restored school is now a Riverside County Parks interpretive center and won a California Preservation Foundation Design Award in 2008.